Since the Oscars will be airing tonight, I thought this would be a good time to get all award-y up in here. Below are the blog awards that I’ve received recently (I use this term loosely). Please allow me to brag for a moment. Be assured that I’m writing this while wearing my finest designer gown. I’ll also be taking periodic breaks to pose for the cameras.
7×7 Link Award: I received this award from Lyndon at The Dissemination of Thought back in December, but haven’t gotten around to thanking him just yet. Thanks Lyndon!
The requirements for this award are to revisit 7 of my previous posts by selecting the ones that best fit the 7 categories below.
Most Beautiful Post: The Definition of Perfection: Travis Stork
I’ve chosen this as my most beautiful post because Travis Stork is undoubtedly beautiful.
Most Helpful Post: For the Love of the Brain
This one will probably save your life, should you choose to heed my advice.
Most Popular Post: A Slap in the Face(book): 7 Senseless Facebook Crimes
This post is by far the most popular, as it periodically goes mini-viral (this isn’t an actual term- I made it up). Please, if you want to help improve the Facebook world, share this one on your Facebook profile. Together, we can make a change for the better.
Most Controversial Post: Walmart is the WORST
Ok, I don’t think I actually have any controversial posts, but this one could qualify if the reader is pro-Walmart. While we’re talking about it, here’s an update on my Walmart habits: I recently swore off shopping at Walmart after nearly losing my cool in the store. Yep, you guessed it- there was yet another coffee creamer shortage and I came close to yelling at the stock boy for refusing to help me. Then, get this- a week or so later, there was a shooting at my local Walmart. That pretty much sealed the deal. I’m now a proud Target shopper.
Most Surprisingly Successful Post: Unleash Those Hidden Talents, Girlfriend! (or Boyfriend!)
This one did pretty well, which surprised me since it was kind of a spur-of-the-moment post.
Most Underrated Post: Is Magnum, P.I. My Father? An Investigation by Magnum, P.I.
I’ve received quite a bit of positive feedback for this one from friends and family, but because this was one of my first posts, it hasn’t been widely read.
Most Pride-Worthy Post: It’s a Man’s World
I’m proud of this post because it’s (hopefully) bringing attention to why women will probably never conquer the world as long as they’re expected to look presentable.
Candle Lighter Award: I received this award in December from Sherline from Sherline’s Watchu Thinkin’ Blog. Thanks Sherline!
Here’s an excerpt from her blog explaining what this award is for: This award belongs to those who believe, who always survive the day and those who never stop dreaming, for those who cannot quit, for those who keep trying.
I feel especially entitled to this award because I have, in fact, survived all of my days. And if I hadn’t, I think you and I both would be perplexed as to how I could be writing this. I also dream all the time. Last night I dreamed that while attending a circus, an elephant stepped on my finger and I was ticked.
Sunshine Award: This award was also given to me by Sherline at her other blog titled Ramblings of a Creative Mind.
According to the rules of this award, I have to answer the following ten questions about myself.
- Favorite color: Purple. It’s feminine and strong, yet not obnoxious like pink.
- Favorite animal: If we’re talking any animal, I would have to say Liger. If we’re talking animal that I would allow in my home, Dog. Definitely not Elephant.
- Favorite number: 7
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Peppermint hot chocolate. Easy.
- Prefer Facebook or Twitter? I don’t use Twitter, and I vehemently refuse to. Nothing against Twitterers, I just don’t have time for it. I use Facebook quite a bit, but not nearly as much as about 20% of my friends who need to ease up on the status updates.
- My passion: I’ve never had a “passion” per say, but blogging probably qualifies since it’s the first hobby I’ve had that I really enjoy.
- Prefer getting or giving presents: I could write a whole post about this. I think our country needs serious gift reform. I don’t necessarily dislike receiving or giving presents, but the pressure created by both is just out of control.
- Favorite pattern: I like simple, yet bold patterns. Nothing too ornate. I could never be a member of the royal family.
- Favorite day of the week: Saturday.
- Favorite flower: Tulips.
Liebster Blog Award: I received this award from Izzie at The Whatever Factor.
I’ve already received this one before, but I’ll gladly accept it again. Thanks Izzie!
Most of these awards have rules associated with them, which require me to hand the awards out to other bloggers. In the interest of saving time, I’m just going to refer you to my newly instated listing of other blogs I like (see right hand side of my page). I’ve avoided putting up such a list for quite a while, knowing that I’ll feel immense guilt for not listing every blog I’ve ever read. So, just so you other bloggers know, I’m sticking to a rule of listing the blogs that I regularly frequent and that I think my readers will enjoy as well.